Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pattern Photo Assignment




To create my pattern picture I used the picture on the bottom as my original. I rotated it 90 degrees so the rocks would lay horizontal. I then cropped the picture to just the rocks. I then used the quick selection tool to select the background behind the rocks. I then used the hue/saturation option in photo adjustments to reduce the lightness on the background. I then inversed my selection and increased the saturation on my rocks. I then applied the sponge filter to give my rocks a more painted look. I then created a new document with a black background and moved my finalized rock picture three times over to the new document. I then reduced the size of one of them and arranged it so it would be on top of the other two. I then cut my new document again to suit my artistic needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment