Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Collage Assignment


To create my collage I used a picture of some flowers that was taken about six years ago in California. I selected the flowers out of the picture using the quick selection tool. I then dragged them into my collage document. I then used the free transform tool to enlarge their size drastically. Next I used the filter gallery to apply the smudge stick effect to the flowers. I also used the blur tool to soften one of the edges of the flower. Next I used the brush tool to write out the word summer using my pen tablet. I then enlarged the word and rotated it to fit into the empty space between the flowers. Next I applied a drop shadow and an inner shadow the text. After that I used the liquefy gallery under the filter menu to give it a watery effect to the lettering.
Nothing makes me think of summer like bright flowers and happy, bright times!

No comments:

Post a Comment