Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Symmetrical Photo Assignment


To create my symmetrical image I used the bottom image as my base. My first step was to crop the image, next I used the quick selection tool to select the background. I then darkened the background by reducing the light level using the hue/saturation option under image adjustments. Next I inversed my selection and upped the saturation level of the pot. Finally I used the burn tool to burn the middle of the pot area that had lost color due to my camera flash.

The symmetrical photo was my hardest one because the items that I was using for my photos did not have any real symmetry except for the pots. That is why I did a close up of the top of the pot. If I had included the cactus then it would have lost it's symmetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment