Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hierarchical Progression



I had the hardest time with this assignment. I am not sure if my creative juices are flowing at full force right now- perhaps because it is the nearing the end of the semester and I am stressed about all the school work I have to do which brings me to the first thing I learned... find something that calms me so I can bring forth my creativeness. That all being said I am not really that happy with my final product. I had a hard time finding some text that I wanted to turn into a hierarchical progression.

To do my project is fairly straight forward. For my first composition I just added a drop shadow to my text and created the roman numeral three in red to be behind the word three to give it a bit more depth. I also created a rectangle that I then used the twirl tool to create a small twirl in the rectangle. My thought was for it to be reminiscent of a scroll because it is a Biblical quote.

For my next two compositions I created two rectangles and blended them together. I then put the text in the white part of the composition. My thought for the placement of my text was that for faith I put in the bottom corner as though faith was something that we have to have down here on earth. I put my hope text in the top as if we were looking upwards towards heaven and hoping that all would be well.

For my next two compositions I created a heart using the brush tool and put the words love in both hearts. I kept the two compositions simpler since the greatest of the three (faith, hope and love) is love. But changed the color palette to make them slightly different.

No comments:

Post a Comment